Pages

Friday, September 23, 2016

Crock-Pot Recipes: Pepperoncini Roast

It's officially fall - YAY! My house is mostly all decorated, my pumpkin spice candle is regularly burning AND Grey's Anatomy started back last night #canigetanamen?! One of my favourite things about fall is getting back into crock-pot recipes. Making chili in the summer just isn't the same so I usually take a summer break...but it's time... Ladies and Gents...Crock-pot season is back and boy is it wonderful!

My crock-pot works quickly so if I am making something during the week, I will usually run home at lunch throw everything together and when I come home, voila, dinner is served!

This recipe is so simple it's ridiculous and Jeff loves it, so it's a regular in our crock-pot rotation. Whenever there is a nice roast on sale - boom. Just make sure you have the other ingredients on hand.

Ingredients:

1 Roast (any size you want)
1-2 Large jars of pepperoncini peppers (local friends - get these at Safeway, Metro never has them)
2 Beef OXO cubes
3 Garlic gloves (sliced)
Salt & Pepper

Directions:
Roast in a crockpot
Step 1...place roast in crock-pot

Roast in a crockpot and ingredients - pepper, salt, beef oxo cubes, garlic and pepperoncini peppers
Step 2 Add peppers with juice, 2 beef oxo cubs (break them into pieces and sprinkle around), salt & pepper and a couple garlic cloves ( I like to cut little slits in the beef and stick them in)

Roast ready for cooking in crockpot
Step 3 - TA DA all ready to go - leave for 3-4 hours on high




There is no after picture because as soon as it was done, I immediately started eating the peppers, they explode with burning hot (and spicy) juice and I forgot. The roast becomes stringy, in the best possible way, and the flavour is as Mel B would say "off-the-chain."

No comments:

Post a Comment