Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

What's in my: fridge? (the non-celebrity version)

I always think its fun to see what other people have in their fridges, so I thought I would share mine with you today. Like everyone else, our fridge has been slowly overtaken by condiments, and mostly those that we needed for a recipe once and haven't used since, or all those fun hot sauces people brought us back from vacations (thank you to those friends but *EAR MUFFS*) we've never even opened most of them. I think our fridge is reaching 75% condiments.

New to my summer goal list -  Operation: Take Back the Fridge

My preference is to have a fairly empty fridge, so that I can see exactly what is inside and make use of everything. I also feel overwhelmed when it is full. My mother always had  has an overstuffed fridge and this makes me crazy *sorry mom.*  

Before I show you mine, I must declare that my fridge envy award goes to Yolanda Foster:

Is this real life? #fridgeenvy

On second thought, I feel like it may have been a bad call to show hers first. If that was my fridge I would be so healthy, but also probably miserable...let's be real, she clearly doesn't abide by my golden rule - A cookie a day.

 Argh I guess time to share my fridge, this is pre-organization last night:

Overly cramped side door
Messy Inside- condiments galore! 



AFTER my sort and purge (still not sparkling like Yolanda's haha)

Not a dramatic transformation via picture,but you should see it in person - like whoa ;)
Just how I like it! Not much there, but able to see everything

Things you can always find in our fridge:

- Coconut milk
- Greek yogurt
- Extra old cheddar cheese
- 1-2 cartons of eggs
- Berries of some sort
- Hummus
- Salsa
- Extra butter ready for baking
- Granny Smith apples
- Limes/Lemons
- Spinach
- Veggies (usually broccoli and whatever is in season/looks good - currently beans, zucchini, carrots,)
- leftovers of current meal
- lunch container ready for the next day
- as my grandma would say, some sort of snacker-dacker - currently peanut butter protein bites (recipe here)
- And if I'm being honest - usually a bottle of Kim Crawford, a bottle of Baileys and some club soda

(The blue ball thing you see in the crisper is a vegetable life extender...not sure if they make a difference, but I like to pretend they do.)

So I guess this post leaves my open to do a series of what's in my...? Maybe up next, what's in my purse, because we all know a women's purse is a bottomless pit of randomness!



No comments:

Post a Comment