Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Monster Cookie Recipe

Okay, so this doesn't exactly follow my "eating clean" plan...however I made them for my dad's birthday so I think that justifies it...that and my one cookie (or a couple) a day rule.

I have been making these cookies since I was little, they are freaking delicious and you can always change up the recipe to include your favourites like raisins or nuts. I have no idea where the original recipe is from, but I have altered it slightly over the years. I love that its flourless!

For the bakers out there, if you do not have one of these cookie scoops RUN,  don't walk, and get one or a couple different sizes, they will revolutionize your baking! I love mine, I have 2 sizes as below one scoops the size of a golf ball and another that scoops the size of twoonie. 




I used both sized scoops because sometimes its fun to eat a huge cookie and sometimes its fun to eat 5 small cookies and pretend its just like 1 big cookie.


Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter (room temp)
1 1/2 cup peanut butter (regular or natural, although I think natural tastes better)
1 cup of white sugar
3 eggs beaten
1 cup of packed brown sugar
3/4 tsp of vanilla
4 1/2 cups of rolled oats
2 tsp of baking powder
chocolate chips (about 3/4 of a cup)
m&m's (about 3/4 of a cup)

Optional: Rasins, nuts

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease 2 cookie sheets or use baking mats.
Cream butter, peanut butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add eggs and remaining ingredients, but add chocolate chips and m&m's in slowly and only add what you need because when you are near the end of scooping, you will inevitably have a shit ton of chocolate rolling around your bowl and not much dough (or maybe I just eat this much dough) I just throw out what is left...You may think I should just add less of the chocolate, but there is the perfect amount in all the other cookies so this works for me!

Scoop onto cookie sheet (the cookies do not melt down so its okay to put them close together). Gently flatten and make for about 10-12 mins. Makes about 3 dozen, give or take the amount of dough you eat and this dough is delicious so go ahead and treat yourself! 
Monster Cookies
MMM
Flourless Monster Cookies: Peanut butter, oatmeal, chocolate chip and m&M
Monster Cookies! (these are the small ones pictured)


No comments:

Post a Comment