Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Green Thumb? - My Garden Project


I am really going to have to do an entire post on my bucket list soon, but in the mean time here is another item I can cross off. I have always wanted to grow a garden. And by this I mean I would like to see something, anything - a single zucchini, a baby pumpkin, a tomato, ANYTHING grow!

Enter Grandma Max. For those of you who don't know her, let me start by saying she is the coolest Grandma ever, (I know that's a big call..but its true). She has more energy then I ever will, she works out harder then I do, shes the ultimate clean eater (beside her obsession with chocolate) and she is one of the most entertaining people you will ever meet - I guarantee it!
Grandma Max

A couple weeks ago she called my parents asking if they had a spot in their yard she could plant some squash (98% of her dinner meals are steamed vegetables, so having a stash of squash is her dream). My parents have no room for a garden, but Jeff has a giant back yard, begging for a garden. I figured this would be the perfect way to get mine started. This is what we were working with:
Before....
Cookie Break

After - all planted and ready!
Admiring our work



We planted pumpkins, zucchini, 2 types of squash and for fun we put cantaloupe seeds into Jeff's front perennial garden ("You are growing what in my front yard?!"...he was not impressed. We thought it was hilarious).

Pumpkins are supposed to be grown 1.5-3meters apart....we started out this way then just added more seeds all around. Like I said, we just wanted to get a start, next year we can work on perfecting our art! Starting is the hardest part, so now that's done and we will see what grows.

You better believe I will add pictures as it grows. The pumpkin seed package warned pumkins can grow to 100lbs...I sure hope so!


                                                                 54. Grow a Garden (boom!)


No comments:

Post a Comment