Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

My Makeup Favourites Plus Where I Save and Where I Splurge

The running joke in my family (amoungst the women) is my sad makeup collection, made up of lots of left overs from my mother and sister. My sister has a makeup collection that would make any woman drool. I would say its more of an obsession then a collection actually. You name the lipstick she has it...and almost everything from the In Style Best Beauty Buys. I am not complaining as she frequently gifts me with her last season colours. Don't get me wrong I also have a collection I love!

I love finding out what other people use as there are so many gems that you otherwise would not know about.  Here are some of my favourites including the ones I save or splurge on.

Save:

Foundation: Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation (Colour: True Ivory)
Wake me Up Foundation

I have tried so many  expensive foundations, until I tried this one. There is no going back, it is literally so good! It goes on light and smooth and has a great colour. You can usually find it on sale every couple months at Shoppers for $7-$10. Well worth a try!















Mascara: L'oreal Voluminous Carbon Black


Again what woman has not tired a million mascaras, Dior Show, volumizer this and lengthener that. My go to is still this Loreal Voluminous. It lasts a long time, does not clump, always goes on nice and you can relayer if needed. Tip: With a new one I sometimes have to wipe off the whole wand a few times to get rid of some goop becomes it comes loaded, then it goes on nicer with less of a mess. Cost: about $6-$8














Splurge:

Concealer: Cle de Peau Beaute Concealer (Colour: Ivory)
Cle de Peau Concealer - Must have makeup item

I love this little magic stick. Goodbye anything you don't want showing (including freckles, dark spots, dark circles, blemishes etc) hello awake eyes and clear face. This is one expensive concealer at about $70USA (or whatever depressing Canadian amount that turns into)...but the good news is... it lasts! My first one went for over a year, so price per use is still okay! Once you try this one, there is no going back.













General Favourites:

Bronzer: Soleil Matte Bronzer by Too Faced (Colour: Milk Chocolate)

Being so damn pale fair skinned, bronzer is required in my daily routine. This one goes on lightly, with no orange, only light chocolate base - I mean literally cocoa, which gives it an amazing chocolate scent. I love it, its mid range price for a bronzer at $38 from Sephora.













Lipgloss:  Marvelous Moxie by bareMinerals (Colour: Life of the Party)


It's not as shockingly bright as it looks. This great colour has the perfect amount of shine, but is not sticky. It's $23 and lasts for a long time.

















Eyebrows: Brow Wiz by Anastasia Beverly Hills (Colour: Taupe)

Hello Eyebrows, it's nice to meet you, I'm Alexandra. That is literally what happened when this angel of a makeup man hooked me up with this wiz stick.  The colour is natural and it creates a look says "you must be mistaken, I've always had these fabulous eyebrows."It's easy to put on and my fellow blondes can turn your white eyebrows into something magical and well shaped. This wiz stick will solve any eyebrow issues you may have so just order it. $27 from Sephora.  I have tried her other powders and gels, but this is as easy and perfect as it gets!









                                         

    So there you have it, a few of my favourites.

No comments:

Post a Comment